Based on your deployment scenario follow the appropriate procedures mentioned below:
Scenario 1. New Installations
Scenario 2. Upgrading from Hycu v1.5.1
Scenario 3. Upgrading from Hycu v1.5
Customers on Hycu version 1.5 and upgrading to v1.5.2 will first need to upgrade to v1.5.1 by executing installation script directly on the Hycu VM. You can download the script here, and follow the installation instructions inside the downloaded package.
Upgrade using the script will be completed in couple of seconds and is disruptive to all currently running jobs, so make sure to let any long-running backup jobs to complete before starting the script. Any backup job that is still active will be aborted during the installation process but will be restarted once the upgrade is completed.
Once successfully on Hycu version 1.5.1, follow the Scenario 2. Upgrading from Hycu v1.5.1.
Scenario 4. Upgrading from Hycu v1.0.x
Post upgrade, you must do the following to complete your upgrade:
3.1 Fix Netmask network parameter:
- In the Nutanix Prism web console, select the Hycu backup controller from the list of virtual machines.
- Make sure, that the virtual machine is turned on and click Launch Console.
- Log on to Hycu backup controller console as Hycu user (username: hycu, password: hycu/4u)
- In the command line, run the following commands:
- sudo nmcli con mod "Wired connection 1" ipv4.addresses <Hycu_backup _controller_IP>/<SUBNET_PREFIX>
In this instance, <SUBNET_PREFIX> is the netmask in bitmask format associated with the chosen IP address. For instance 255.0.0.0 equals netmask 8, 255.255.0.0 equals netmask 16, and so on.
Example: To set Hycu backup controller to IP 10.17.66.74 and netmask 255.255.255.0: “sudo nmcli con mod "Wired connection 1" ipv4.addresses 10.17.66.74/24”
- sudo nmcli networking off
- sudo nmcli networking on
- sudo systemctl restart grizzly
3.2 Fix certificate permissions
If you need to regenerate/import the OpenSSL certificate, run the following command from the Hycu VM command line:
- sudo chmod 666 /cert/nutanix_backup_controler.jks
3.3 Reinstall License
If you have previously installed a license key on Hycu, then do the following:
- Log into Hycu UI
- Click Administration, and then select Licensing.
- In the Licensing dialog box, click Upload License.
- Browse for the Hycu license file you used for the previous version, and then click Upload.