Problem: HYCU time or time zone is out of sync with Nutanix cluster.
It could happen that NTP servers configured in HYCU are not updated correctly or time/time zone on Nutanix server was changed after HYCU was deployed.
Follow these steps to manually re-synchronize HYCU with your Nutanix cluster time and its time-zone:
1. Connect to HYCU backup controller virtual machine using SSH. The default SSH credentials are:
User name: hycu
For detailed information about accessing the HYCU backup controller virtual machine by using SSH, see Hycu user guide.
2. If your NTP server is not listed or time zone on nutanix cluster was changed follow these steps:
3. Login as postgres user and run postgres command line:
4. Connect to configuration database and delete NTP server and time zone from table:
delete from ntp_servers;
UPDATE info SET timezone = '';
5. Verify that row was deleted and output shows “0 rows” and time zone should be empty
select * from ntp_servers;
select timezone from info;
6. Exit from psql command line:
7. To get NTP server and time zone synchronized with Nutanix cluster its necessary to restart HYCU web server.
Note: Please verify that no backups are running otherwise they will get aborted.
sudo systemctl restart grizzly
8. After few minutes time and time zone will be synchronized. Check with command: