Nutanix cluster part of setup
- To create a new Volume Group navigate to Storage/Table/Volume Group/+Volume Group
If data from sources other than HYCU resides on the storage device,
such target cannot be set for HYCU backups!
- Fill in the required settings and make sure Access Settings/Enable external client access is checked off
- Add HYCU controller to clients list with +Add New Client. For HYCU's IQN, in HYCU navigate to Administration/iSCSI Initiator
- To fully utilize Nutanix load balancing functionality it is recommended to configure iSCSI Data Services IP under Settings/Cluster Details and use that IP when configuring HYCU iSCSI target.
- Check the set Volume Group properties (left pane) for Target IQN Prefix
HYCU Target setup
in HYCU, navigate to Targets and add new target with New at the upper right of the screen. Fill required fields and set the following for Target configuration:
- Type: iSCSi
- Target Portal: iSCSI Data Services IP or Cluster Virtual IP Address
- Target Name: Target IQN Prefix
iSCSI uses port 3260
To enable CHAP authentication you need to set Target Password in Nutanix Volume Group settings
and enable CHAP in HYCU iSCSI Target settings
Mutual authentication with Nutanix Volume Groups is not supported!