Password encryption for New Relic plugins increases their security and safety. The process to set a password is simple, and the plugin will auto-encrypt for you. Each time you want to change the password, just follow these steps:
- Open the
plugin.jsonfile in text editor for the plugin where you wish to set a password.
- Make the following changes to the file:
- change "encrypted_password" to "password"
- provide a new password in plain text where the hashed password is.
- Save the file
- Stop and start the plugin with the commands:
- npi stop com.comtrade.<plugin>
- npi start com.comtrade.<plugin>
- After saving, the plugin will automatically re-encrypt the password for you, what should look like: