Issue: PERMISSION DENIED error message when adding an NFS target. Same applies if trying to Restore VM disk files (exporting VM image) to a NFS share
When adding the NFS target fails with the following error message
An error occurred while creating directories
As the message indicates, this is a permission problem. HYCU runs process under grizzly:grizzly account and this account does not have permission to write to the designated folder.
Issue can be easily resolved by changing permission set on the shared folder itself. You can do this directly on your NFS server. If you do not have access to it, you can achieve this also by following these steps:
- SSH to HYCU VM (hycu | hycu/4u)
- Mount the NFS target shared folder manually by executing following commands
- mkdir /tmp/NFS
- mount NFSServerIP:/target/shared/folder /tmp/NFS
- Assign grizzly user +rwx permissions by executing following command
- sudo chmod o+rwx /target/shared/folder
- Un-mount the NFS target shared folder
- umount /tmp/NFS
You can now proceed with adding the NFS target from HYCU UI.