Usage of space is too high on cloud targets.
HYCU versions 1.x did not properly clean up expired backups on AWS S3/Compatible and Azure backup targets. This issue was solved with HYCU version 2.0.0. However, unused backups from previous HYCU versions could be present on cloud targets.
The utility tool for cleaning up old backups is not publicly accessible. To obtain the utility tool and additional information, contact Comtrade Software Support. This utility tool will clean up only the backups that are not used by HYCU anymore and it will equalize the real target's utilization with HYCU's utilization.
To run the utility tool for cleaning up old backups, follow these steps:
- Unzip the package received by Comtrade Software Support.
- Connect to your HYCU controller with the following credentials:
- Username: hycu
- Password: hycu/4u
- Navigate to "/home/hycu", and then upload the unpacked .jar and libs folders.
- Run the following command: java -jar hycuUtil-1.5.jar -ps <target_name> > report.txt
- In this instance, <target_name> is the name of the backup target in HYCU.
- Note: In the same folder, there should be the report.txt file that contains a list of the files that were deleted from the target.
- Log in to the HYCU web user interface and check target's utilization.